Spring at Fosseway – The most wonderful time of the year!
Some may say that Christmas is the most wonderful time of the year but for gardeners, and indeed garden centres, it is Spring.
After a long, long winter and a third lockdown, I have never been more pleased to welcome Spring to Fosseway. The plant area is brimming with plants, we have a great range of garden furniture, BBQs (both selling fast!) and outdoor living accessories to help you make the most of your outside space, and with lockdown easing, it is fantastic to see so many familiar faces returning to Fosseway.
The last 12 months have been almost unbelievable, ‘you couldn’t make it up’ as they say. After undertaking the biggest building project ever in 2019 to double the size of our centre, we were forced to close our doors last March. Fortunately, the Government allowed us to re-open in April as the nation turned to their gardeners for comfort in what was an incredibly difficult time.
We were grateful that demand was high, (especially for compost!), and that we could serve customers in a relatively safe environment. It was also fantastic to see so many new customers discovering gardening for the first time. The Horticultural Trade Association (HTA) believes there were in excess of 3million new gardeners last year!
I am incredibly proud of how the team here at Fosseway adapted and the changes we have made during the last 12 months, which include:
- Installing solar panels – on a sunny day we generate more than enough electricity to run the site
- Refurbishing Timothy’s restaurant which is now open for outdoor dining and will hopefully be fully open next month
- Opening the Food Hall and working with a range of local suppliers such as Jessie Smith, Hall’s Bakery and AM Baileys
- Welcoming David Moore Family Butcher to Fosseway
- My daughter Poppy coming to join the team as Food Hall Manager
Being an independent business has meant we could be really agile over the past 12 months and adapt to offer our customers what they have needed. I would like to thank you all for supporting us during this challenging time and I look forward to seeing you in the centre soon.
Tim & Gill Godwin
Comments are closed