Fosseway Garden Centre are privileged to remain open as an essential shop during this National lockdown. This is not a responsibility we have taken lightly, and we strive to provide the safest shopping experience possible for both our customers and staff alike. It is a quiet time of year for our Garden Centre, so there is plenty of space for you to shop safely.
When visiting the store, please follow our guidelines:
- Face coverings must be worn at all times and we ask that you sanitise your hands at the front of the store, where hand sanitiser is provided, before entering. We also have a trolley/ basket sanitising point at the front of the store.
- Social distancing must be adhered to. Please ask our staff if you have a query, we are still here to help.
- We ask that you only touch the products that you intend to purchase. Clothing and footwear cannot be tried on instore, however we have an easy returns policy.
- When at the tills please place your trolley or basket at the end of the counter and step back into the box behind the screen to allow our staff to process your items safely.
- We no longer accept cash payments. Please pay by debit/credit card and where possible contactless payment is preferred.
As we are all required to spend more time at home, National Lockdown can be isolating, gardening has been proven to be good for your mental health and keeping active. We hope that your garden remains a place of tranquillity and a good source of exercise for your mind and body. Even in January, when the weather is poor, inviting bright colours into your home and patio keeps the spirits up.
For those that grow your own veg, January and February are the best time to plant your seed potatoes and onion sets. The beginning of the year is also the best time to be planning your produce for the next season and preparing yourself with the correct seeds and equipment.
We have an extensive range of fresh, chilled and frozen food, as well as all your store cupboard goods. We have a wide range of household and weekly shopping essentials. We offer full and diverse selection of pet food and products. We also provide all your heating needs, such as logs, coal and Calor gas.
For vulnerable customers and those who do not feel comfortable shopping instore, we offer a delivery service. Click and collect service is available and your shopping will be brought out to your car. There is a delivery charge of £3.50, within a 20 mile radius. Upon placement of your order, you will be contacted with a delivery time or collection slot.
There are a selection of items available online or you can place a telephone order on 01608 651757 Ext 1, where a member of staff will select and pick your shopping.
Both Timothy’s Restaurant and the Play Barn will remain closed until the lifting of government COVID restrictions.
Our opening hours have not changed and are as follows:
Monday to Saturday: 9am – 5:30 pm
Sundays: 10am – 4pm
Stay Safe and Well,
From everyone here at Fosseway Garden Centre.
HTA and GCA have issued the following statements:
“We support all efforts to contain and eliminate this virus. We recognise that it is unsettling times for the industry, staff and customers. Garden centres offer so many real benefits to people wrestling with the impact of this pandemic. We have seen from the huge interest in gardening since the last lockdown how engaged consumers are with gardening – this carried on in to the winter months.
“Gardening provides mental and physical health benefits, garden centres being open supports British growers and local communities and keeps people at home with something to do. First class social distancing measures are in place in light and airy environments.
“We will continue to make the case to Governments in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland for garden centres to be reopened at the earliest opportunity”